There are so many great things happening around our church that I wanted to take a moment to celebrate some of them with you!
- Today, we will be receiving nine new members! That is an increase of almost 10% to our current total membership…and we already have at least five more people who are interested in becoming members. What a blessing!
- Over the past week, we have had so many donations for our annual yard sale (scheduled for June 1st and 2nd this year) that we are out of space to put things until after In Remembrance concludes. If more items show up, we will have to go ahead and get our storage unit delivered three months early! I like having these kinds of “problems!”
- After getting to meet our retreat speaker, Rev. Elder Ken Martin, last week in worship, we now have 58 people signed up to attend retreat. The absolute capacity of our retreat facility is 72, so we only have 14 spaces left! When we selected this location a year ago, we never dreamed we would fill it up! God is great!
- Our In Remembrance cast is already in rehearsals, and they are the strongest cast we have had yet! They showed up to the first rehearsal already having learned the music. We can’t wait to see what they sound like after six more weeks of singing together!
- Our Podcast is continuing to gain more and more new listeners. To date, we have had over 1300 downloads of our sermons in the United States. Outside the U.S.A., other countries with high amounts of listeners currently include China, Belize, and Germany.
- Our new website has been up and running for just over a week, and it is getting way more traffic than our previous site! Furthermore, just this week we added a donate feature, allowing people to make donations online using PayPal. We are grateful for a technological world that allows folks from all over the world to support our ministry!
- Thanks to our new website and our new email system having all our announcements available for you, we will be reducing the size of the announcements in our printed bulletins which will reduce the amount of paper we use. This will allow us to better care for our environment by decreasing our use of the large sheets of bulletin paper by well over 3,000 sheets per year!
- Finally, in case you haven’t noticed, our weekly Sunday attendance is up by about 50% from this time last year. The Spirit is moving in this place, and I am grateful that all of us are here to share in that together!
With all of this good news, I just want to say how grateful I am to be the Pastor of this growing and vibrant church. God is truly working in and through us, and I just want to encourage you to join me in celebrating all that God is doing and in anticipating all the things God still has in store for us!