The Social Justice Community Leadership Retreat is a two-day experience at Colorado College, Friday, February 1, 5:00-9:00pm, and Saturday, February 2nd, 9:00am – 5:00pm, that brings together individuals from around our community to engage in meaningful dialogue about diversity and social action.
The ultimate goal is to give people the skills to act on the issues and causes that they are most passionate about. This training is led by trained facilitators and will draw on storytelling, small and large group activities, and short presentations.
DORA FRIAS, Director of the Pride Center, Colorado State University will be the lead facilitator. The retreat is sponsored by Henderson Consulting and EAP Services
Furthermore, you will:
- Expand your awareness on issues of diversity and cross-cultural communication
- Engage in meaningful dialogue on topics of diversity and social action
- Discuss privilege, oppression, and difference
- Translate learning into individual and group action plans
- Build trust within your community through sharing and listening
Requirements for Participants are as follows:
- Attend the entire retreat and participate fully.
- Agree to keep confidentiality, as topics discussed during the retreat may become very personal.
If you are interested in attending the social justice retreat please complete the electronic application (takes approximately 5 minutes).
Applications will be screened to ensure that applicants do not hold beliefs or bias that may be damaging to the overall well-being of retreat participants.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, January 18, 2019. You will be contacted regarding the status of your application no later than Friday, January 25, 2019.