our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have
lighted the flame within us.”
Pikes Peak Metropolitan Community Church (PPMCC) serves as a spiritual home of connection and compassion for hundreds in the Pikes Peak region. Many of us come with our internal flame sputtering and have found renewal in the inclusive spirituality and vibrant community at PPMCC.
We at PPMCC exist to do justice, embrace God’s love for ALL people, and walk humbly with our God. Our presence gives hope and makes a difference in the lives of people of diverse races, ethnicities, gender identities and sexual orientations.
Please help us continue our mission by giving as generously as you can to PPMCC in this year-end giving campaign.
In 2018 we:
- Saw more families with children choose PPMCC as their spiritual home.
- Supported spiritual growth by offering such programs as “12 Steps to a More Compassionate Life,” “Saving Jesus,” “Exploring the Way,” and offered individual Spiritual Direction to whomever seeks it.
- Because we believe in doing unto others, we donated over $3,600 to organizations like the Care and Share Food Bank, Gay Straight Alliance Colorado, TESSA, Inside Out Youth Services, the NAACP, Urban Peak, and OutServe/Service Members Legal Defense Fund.
- Supported the lives of economically vulnerable people in Colorado Springs by donating time and gifts to programs like “Christmas Families,” “Thanksgiving Baskets,” “Westside Back-to-School Drive” and “Westside Cares Garden Bed Project.”
- To share our message more broadly, we expanded our outreach via social media. Did you know that twice as many people watch our worship services online than worship with us in person?
- Honoring God’s creation, we reduced our carbon footprint by replacing older light fixtures with LED ones and installed programmable thermostats to efficiently manage our energy consumption. We also reduced our water use by installing water-saving toilets.
Looking ahead to 2019, our main priority is to serve the LGBTQI and straight youth of our church by creating an inclusive and progressive spirituality program for them.
Help us share the light of unconditional love and authentic spiritual community with more people in 2019. Thank you in advance for giving as generously as you can.