Effective July 19, 2021
The Board of Directors met on Monday, July 19, 2021 and updated our COVID-19 protocols. We continue to monitor positivity rates and the Delta variant in our area. We will respond as needed to any new variants that show up in El Paso County. Our priority is to respect and protect the most vulnerable among us. We will continue to offer livestreaming of worship and other programs.
Here is what we approved, effective immediately:
- Masks will continue to be required for everyone, except small children. Anyone in the building must wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- We do not and will not require proof of vaccination to attend anything in-person at our building. We understand that some people are immunocompromised and cannot tolerate the vaccine. As of this date, children under age 12 cannot yet be vaccinated. Because we will not require proof of vaccination to enter our facility, we ask that everyone wear masks while on the premises.
- We will no longer limit the number of people who can attend worship on Sunday mornings. No need to reserve free tickets in advance. You can just show up.
- We will continue check-in and registration for each event in the building. We will check each person/household in with name, email, and phone number for contact tracing purposes if someone who attended an event in our building later tests positive for COVID-19.
- We request that everyone practice social distancing while in the building.
- We will continue our practice of individual cup communion. We also will continue to ask people to make online donations instead of having a physical offering during each worship service.
- We will again allow people to create and use their nametags with gender pronoun pins. You may take it with you and bring it back each week or hang it on a hook at the top of the front stairs before you leave.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building, and periodically while in the building. Washing your hands is even better.
- We will not have a hospitality station that offers coffee, tea or water. Please bring your own water bottle to drink from while you are in the building.